DUBLIN–(BUSINESS WIRE)–January 21, 2022–
The global immunohematology market reached a value of US$2.1 billion in 2020. Looking ahead, the publisher expects the market to grow at a CAGR of approximately 6% during the period 2021-2026.
Keeping in mind the uncertainties of COVID-19, we continuously monitor and assess the direct and indirect influence of the pandemic on different end-use sectors. This information is included in the report as a major market contributor.
Immunohematology refers to a branch of medical science that studies blood and hematopoietic tissues in relation to the immune system. It is used to study the presence of antigens in the blood and their reaction with antibodies that can cause hemolysis or agglutination of red blood cells (RBC).
Various immunohematological tests are performed to ensure safe blood transfusion and prevent adverse reactions related to immunity, transplantation and pregnancy, and to diagnose blood-related disorders and diseases such as HIV, hepatitis, etc. . They use various chemicals and devices, such as automatic and semi-automatic reagents and analyzers based on microplate technology, biochips, gel cards, polymerase chain reaction and erythrocyte magnetized technology (EMT ).
The increasing prevalence of leukemia and other hematological disorders across the world is one of the major factors driving the market growth. Additionally, improved healthcare infrastructure and development of blood banks and trauma centers, especially in developing countries, are also driving the market growth.
Growing mass awareness of the activities associated with the collection, processing, testing and storage of blood has further created a positive impact on the demand for immunohematology devices. Moreover, various technological advancements, such as the development of innovative transfusion systems and fully automated devices, act as other growth factors.
These next-generation immunohematology devices help improve diagnostic efficiency, minimize analysis time and the risk of human error, and provide emergency assistance to patients. Other factors including an increasing number of blood donation camps and outreach programs, as well as improvements in healthcare infrastructure, are expected to further boost the market.
Answers to key questions in this report:
- How has the global immuno-hematology market behaved so far and how will it behave in the coming years?
- What are the main regional markets?
- What has been the impact of COVID-19 on the global immuno-hematology market?
- What is the market breakdown by product?
- What is the shattering of the technology-based market?
- What is the market breakdown by application?
- What is the market breakdown by end user?
- What are the different stages of the industry value chain?
- What are the industry drivers and key challenges?
- What is the structure of the global immunohematology market and who are the key players?
- How competitive is the industry?
The report has also analyzed the competitive landscape of the market with some of the key players being
- Comics (Becton Dickinson and Company)
- Beckman Coulter Inc. (Danaher Corporation)
- Bio-Rad Laboratories Inc.
- F. Hoffmann-La Roche Ltd.
- Grifols SA
- Merck KGaA
- MTC Invitro Diagnostics SA
- Ortho-Clinical Diagnostics Inc (The Carlyle Group)
- Siemens Healthcare GmbH
- Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.
- Analyze systems
- Reagents and Consumables
- Frozen cards
- Polymerase chain reaction
- Erythrocyte Magnetized Technology (EMT)
- Blood Related Disorders
- Blood transfusion
- Blood banks
- Diagnostic laboratories
- North America
- United States
- Asia Pacific
- South Korea
- Latin America
- Middle East and Africa
ResearchAndMarkets.com is the world’s leading source of international market research reports and market data. We provide you with the latest data on international and regional markets, key industries, top companies, new products and the latest trends.
Laura Wood, Senior Press Officer
For EST business hours, call 1-917-300-0470
For US/CAN call toll free 1-800-526-8630
For GMT office hours call +353-1-416-8900
INDUSTRY KEYWORD: HEALTH PHARMACEUTICALS MEDICAL SUPPLIES MEDICAL DEVICES
SOURCE: Research and Markets
Copyright BusinessWire 2022.
PUBLISHED: 01/21/2022 06:52 / DISK: 01/21/2022 06:52
Copyright BusinessWire 2022.