Ancient Coins are a useful resource in My Time At Portia. Unfortunately, finding them is not always easy.
My time at Portia is about building things, from bridges to water towers. But the game doesn’t just hand you all the crafting materials you need. You must gather all the resources yourself. Things like wood and stone are easy to find, but some other materials are much more elusive.
Old coins, for example, are not simply left in the open. You need to go to specific locations or do certain things to find them. All of that is documented in this guide, along with what you can do with old coins when you get them.
Ways to get old coins
The game offers you several different ways to collect ancient coins:
- Find in abandoned ruins – At the start of the game, Abandoned Ruins will be where you find many of your materials, including Ancient Parts. You can use the relic detector to find them. Alternatively, it is possible to locate them in coin boxes which are also found in the Abandoned Ruins.
- Find in the sewage plant – The sewage treatment plant is also a ruin, but it is certainly not abandoned. There are a lot of things inside the place that will hurt you, like Masked Fiends. When defeated, these enemies can sometimes drop Ancient Coins if you’re lucky. They can also be found in the wooden crates that are around the factory.
- Become friends with Merlin – While Merlin isn’t one of the many people you can romance in the game, there are still benefits to improving your relationship with them. After befriending the Research Director, she occasionally sends you old pieces.
- Find in lucky bags – You can buy lucky bags from the mystery man. And these things are just as mysterious as the man who sells them. The contents are hidden until you open the bag, and it may contain old coins.
- Recycle some items – Once you’ve crafted a Recycling Machine, you can break down items to acquire other resources. To get old parts, recycle a fan, a massage chair, a printing press or a small clock.
Uses of ancient coins
If you’re looking for vintage pieces, you probably have a specific use in mind. However, there may be a better way to use them. Here’s everything you can do with the resource:
- Use as a gift – As with most items, you can gift old coins to people. Naturally, this isn’t the most beloved gift in the game. However, Ack appreciates the gesture, and it strengthens your relationship with the AI, which can help you acquire their services.
- Trade with the Mystery Man – When the mysterious man arrives in the area, you can exchange your ancient coins with him. In exchange, he gives you small engines, which are important in crafting.
- Build work tables – If you want to go to A&G Construction to upgrade your workbench, you need old parts. Five of them are needed for the level two workbench, while 30 are needed for the level three version.
- Use to craft – Many crafting recipes include Ancient Parts. Wall sconces, control panels, and waterwheels are just a few of the things that require this specific hardware.
NEXT: My Time in Portia: Wood Types and Where to Find Them
The new Eeveelution has already been practically confirmed by the anime
About the Author